Winter Warmth on Lake Wolfgangsee
When the lake stills, the snow on the mountains glistens and the clear air invigorates, it is time for a winter holiday on Lake Wolfgangsee. Be active, enjoy nature, feel good and feel very welcome.
Be active on the mountains and in the valley. The Postalm, approx 42 sq. km of Winter paradise is the largest Alpine plateau in Austria and the second largest mountain plateau in Europe. Enjoy skiing (one 4-chair lift and several drag lifts), cross country skiing, winter hiking, ski-touring, tobogganing or simply take in the sun on the terrace of one of the many huts - what would you choose? In the valley there are about 45 well-prepared cross country skiing trails along Lake Wolfgangsee. Or how does a romantic sleigh ride through the nature reserve of Blinklingmoos sound?
The three idyllic villages of St. Gilgen, Strobl and St. Wolfgang are waiting to be discovered. Genuine Salzkammergut regional delicacies await you in many cosy, warm, family-run restaurants around the lake.
For wellness devotees, the new Wellness-alm offers 4 indoor and 3 outdoor pools, 8 themed saunas, whirlpool, ice grotto, children’s area and much more, all in the style of, and with the cosiness of, a rustic mountain hut.
Here on Lake Wolfgangsee, when temperatures are wintery, a comforting warmth begins to radiate. A unique sense of wellbeing pervades when enjoying the warmth of a tiled wood burner after an eventful day in the snow.
In short: Lake Wolfgangsee stands for Winter warmth.
- Horse carriage ride in St. Wolfgang
- Entrance to the Postalm Winter park & a "Kaiserschmarrn" (an Austrian dessert) with apple sauce or a Postalm savoury snack in the Lienbachhof restaurant
These additional services are also available elsewhere:
Romantic horse carriage rides:
- Horse carriage ride in Bad Ischl
- Horse carriage ride through Mondsee
- Night sleigh ride from 6pm, Gosau
- Sleigh ride round trip in Ausseerland
Mountain and lake experience:
- Ascent and descent on the Katrin cable car in Bad Ischl (Fri - Sun)
- Boat trip on Lake Hallstättersee & entrance to the World Heritage Museum (Wed - Sun 11am-3pm)
- Schnapps tasting at Knödlalm Bad Mitterndorf (Thurs - Sun)
- Outdoor hot tub at the Hochserner Hof farmstead, Mondsee