Museum of Local History "Lipphaus Abersee"

Strobl, Salzburg, Österreich
  • All weather
  • Suitable for groups

The Aberse local history museum Lipphaus at the Breitenbachbauer in Strobl dates from around 1500 and is first mentioned in a document as Prayttenbach von der straß in 1540.

The name "Lipphaus" comes from "Philippus" Eisl, who purchased the house in 1574, making it a feeder of the Breitenbach estate.

In 1899, the former flat roof was replaced by a split gable roof with a shed on both the east and west sides.

The Lipphaus was inhabited until 1977, after which it was converted into a museum by the "Aberseer Museumsverein", which had been founded in the meantime, and opened in 1978 as the "Aberseer Heimatmuseum Lipphaus". The building was not altered in its masonry, nor in the window and door openings, nor were any changes made to the room layout. During the adaptation, it was also possible to uncover the rustic ornaments on the upper edge of the wall and on the wall edges of the outer facade, as well as the framing of the door and window flaps.

Gradually, the museum was equipped with exhibits.

Translated with (free version)

1 Jun - 30 Sept, Sat 2pm - 5pm, Sun 10am - 12am

  • Parking space: 2
Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers
  • Guided tour
General price information

adults € 4,00 (with guest card € 3,00)
children up to 10 years have free admission

Payment methods
Other payment methods
Cash payment
Discounts (Age-related / Groups)
  • Children
Other discounts

july to september: thuesday and thursday from 2.00 pm till 5.00 pm
saturday and bank holiday from 10.00 am till 12.00 pm

  • All weather
  • Suitable for groups
  • Suitable for schools
  • Suitable for kids (6 - 10 Year)
  • Summer

Please get in touch for more information.


Museum of Local History "Lipphaus Abersee"
Breitenbach 1
5350 Strobl

Phone +43 6137 7255

Contact person
Mr Markus Eder
Breitenbach 1
5350 Strobl

We speak the following languages


powered by TOURDATA