Koppenbrüller Cave near Obertraun
The "Koppenbrueller" cave is the youngest of all Dachstein caves. Situated just outside Obertraun.
From July 1 to August 31 there will be a small adventure tour in the Koppenbrueller cave every day at 3 p.m..
Follow a short, romantic trail along the Koppentraun River to the cave entrance. This cave is actually an enormous spring. As you go inside, you quickly discover just what an unusual course water can take through the Dachstein mountains. The cave was formerly also a safe hiding place. Our guides will tell you stories about what has happened here, and explain some of the legends of this mysterious place.
Cave trekking tours suitable for all ages are also available here. Please see MINI ADVENTURE TOURS.
Escorted tours always available. Please contact us in advance for tours in different languages.
Open from May to September
At least 1 tour available per hour from 9 a.m. to 16 p.m.
* Salzburg - Highway A1 – Exit Thalgau – Bad Ischl – 25 km to Obertraun
* Vienna - Highway A1 – Exit Regau – Bad Ischl – Obertraun
* Villach - exit Golling or St. Martin - Richtung Gosau - Obertraun
* Graz - Liezen - Bad Aussee - Obertraun - Obertraun
By train: www.oebb.at and westbahn.at
* Vienna: Railway station Vienna West – Attnang Puchheim – Obertraun
* Salzburg: Salzburg – Attnang Puchheim – Bad Ischl – Obertraun
By bus from Salzburg:
*Salzburg – Bad Ischl – Obertraun
- Toilet facility
Guided caved tour adults € 13.00
- All weather
- Suitable for groups
- Suitable for schools
- Suitable for teenagers
- Suitable for seniors
- Suitable for single travelers
- Suitable for friends
- Suitable for couples
- Suitable for children
Please get in touch for more information.