In the footsteps of St. Wolfgang
From all directions to St. Wolfgang
Discover the fascinating world of St. Wolfgang and immerse yourself in a spiritual journey in the footsteps of this important saint. Our bookable package "In the footsteps of St. Wolfgang" at the picturesque Lake Wolfgang will take you to a time full of mysticism and religious devotion.
Your adventure begins at Gut Aich Monastery, an idyllic place of silence and reflection. Immerse yourself in the centuries-old tradition of the Benedictine monks and learn more about the life and work of St. Wolfgang. Here you have the opportunity to take part in a guided monastery tour and experience the impressive architecture as well as the spiritual atmosphere of the monastery.
Next, your journey takes you to the majestic Falkenstein, an imposing rock perched high above Lake Wolfgang. Following in the footsteps of St. Wolfgang, you will hike through the magnificent nature and enjoy breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape. Learn more about the legends and stories surrounding this mystical place and be inspired by the tranquility and majesty of the Falkenstein. Take the holy spring water from the Falkenstein with you in the transport filling vessel. In former times the Wolfgangi-Flascherl were produced in the glassworks of St. Gilgen from 1704 to 1720 and were considered an export hit during the heyday of pilgrimage. Today the original Wolfgangi-Flascherl can be admired in the museum of local history.
As an option, you can also take a boat from Fürberg to the Falkenstein landing stage.
Another highlight of your trip is a visit to the pilgrimage church of St. Wolfgang, which is dedicated to St. Wolfgang. Immerse yourself in the fascinating world of pilgrimage and experience the unique atmosphere of this spiritual place. Admire the ornate frescoes and statues, listen to the liturgical chants and let yourself be touched by the deeper meaning of this holy site.
Pilgrimage is the focus of this special trip, and you will have the opportunity to follow in the footsteps of St. Wolfgang. If you wish, guided by an experienced pilgrimage guide, you will embark on a spiritual walk along Lake Wolfgang and learn more about the importance of pilgrimage for your own spiritual development. Enjoy the harmonious combination of nature, spirituality and inner contemplation.
The package deal "In the footsteps of St. Wolfgang" at Lake Wolfgang offers you the unique opportunity to establish a deep connection with an important saint and with yourself. Immerse yourself in the spiritual world of St. Wolfgang and let yourself be enchanted by the mystical atmosphere of this special region. An unforgettable experience awaits you on this extraordinary journey.
The last kilometers of the pilgrimage route are described in detail in the brochure "The Way of the Pilgrims".
- 1 nights
- from 10 am, arrival in St. Gilgen at the monastery Gut Aich. Collection of the "Pilgrim's bag" (1x blessing, 1x pilgrim's chocolate, 1x Salva Maro, 1x empty "Wolfgangi-Flascherl" (not an original, but a filling vessel) for the healing spring water at the Falkenstein).
- On foot further over the Falkenstein
- Optionally by boat from the landing stage Fürberg to the landing stage Falkenstein (has to be paid by yourself)
- On the way over the Falkenstein, visit of the Falkenstein church, creeping stone, ringing of bells, filling of medicinal spring water
- Optional: visit to the Chapel of Mercy in Ried
- pilgrim soup at the Leopoldhof
- many photo points along the way
- Visit to the pilgrimage church of St. Wolfgang
- Optional with overnight stay
- Optional with pilgrimage accompaniment
Arrival any day possible
from € 120,- per person in a double room
- Suitable for teenagers
- Suitable for seniors
- Suitable for single travelers
- Suitable for friends
- Suitable for couples
- For families